The Mac is an amazing device that has changed the way we work. We can browse the internet, write documents, and even play games on our computers! But there’s one thing that Macs are lacking – playgrounds. Without them, managing your files becomes a headache. Thankfully for you though, there’s an app to manage your Mac with ease!
What is a playground on Mac
A playground is a place on your Mac where you can test out code without affecting the rest of your computer. This is a great way to try out new code without worrying about messing up your computer.
Install playground manager
Before you can start using a playground, you need to install the app. To do this, search for “playground” in your Mac’s App Store. There are two apps that are very similar – ‘Playgrounds Manager’ and ‘Playground.’ However, Playgrounds Manager is the one that you want. It costs $3.99, but it’s worth it! Once you have the app installed, open it up and you’ll be greeted with a screen like this:
As you can see, Playgrounds Manager has a simple interface to make things easy for you. If you click on the top right corner of your screen, a drop down menu will appear and you should select ‘ Preferences ‘.
How to create a new playground
Creating a new playground is easy – just follow these simple steps:
1. Open the app and click on the “plus” button to create a new playground.
2. Name your playground and choose a location for it.
3. Click “Create” and you’re ready to go!
Different types of playgrounds and what they’re for
There are three different types of playgrounds:
- Script playgrounds: These are for testing out code snippets.
- User interface playgrounds: These are for testing out user interfaces.
- Framework playgrounds: These are for testing out frameworks.
How to change playground settings
If you’re using an older version of macOS Sierra, you might need to update your version of the kernel.
To do this, click on “Terminal” in the App Store and type “Software Update.” If there are any updates, it will appear.
Otherwise, you can update your macOS Sierra by clicking on “App Store” and searching for “Sierra”. The Sierra update should be the first one that pops up. You can then download and install Sierra.
How to delete and rename a playground
There are, however, a few other things that you need to know how to do: how to rename and how to delete a playground. Renaming is very easy – just click the name of the playground and change it how you like. Deleting a playground is also easy – all you need to do is right-click on the name of the playground and select “delete”. Then confirm it by clicking “delete” on the pop-up.
Examples of different types of playgrounds that can be used with Swift, including Text, Image, Color, and Music
Types of Playgrounds
- Text playgrounds: These are for testing out pieces of code that output text.
- Image playground: These are for testing out pieces of code that need to load and display an image.
- Color playground: These are for testing out how different colors interact with one another when they’re placed next to each other.
- Music playground: These are perfect for music theory or any kind of musical exploration.
Playgrounds Manager is a great app that will make managing your playgrounds on Mac painless. This easy to use interface makes it possible for anyone to get their work done with ease, whether they’re new or experienced in programming and development! With its low price and easy to use features, Playgrounds Manager is a must have for anyone who wants to manage their playgrounds on Mac.