The gaming industry keeps accelerating as technology advances. As we move more to the era of innovation, Web 3 games are on the increase. Since Web3 gaming is a complete revolution, there are diverse opportunities still to be explored. Foundations are being set, and the future of Web3 games is still being developed.
What is Web3 gaming? Web3 games are the current digital games that use emerging technology. Instead of using upgraded graphics or more powerful hardware, Web3 games use the concepts of blockchain technology, NFTs, and the metaverse. The use of these technologies is a complete revolution in the gaming industry.
The use of blockchain technology is attributed to the new era of gaming with components like tokenization, decentralization, and ownership. Blockchain is creating unexplored opportunities for many industries as NFTs gain attention from different sectors.
Currently, gaming has changed due to the use of Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs). The industry has shifted into generating value for its users, which surpasses the traditional benefits. Simply, gamers can exchange their in-game rewards for real money.
Web3 games will become common as tokenization is at the center of the whole concept. In the future, they may substitute a superior experience for the old games. At this point, we are in the infancy stage of web3 gaming. Many of the games are focused on play-to-earn criteria instead of focusing on fun and engagement. If Web3 remains focused on earning rather than playing, then most of the projects might not be a success. For Web3 to thrive, it has to build on the best of what web2 games offer.
Why Web3 Gaming is the next gaming Revolution
There are several reasons why we can tell that Web3 gaming is the next gaming revolution.
- In the NFT games, the ownership is held by the gamers, hence can sell or save their assets for other games. Unlike traditional games where the in-game assets cannot be transferred.
- Gamers do not have to worry about the in-game assets even when the games shut down. NFTs are blockchain-based and are independent of any gaming platform, hence can be used across multiple games.
- By creating value and originality, the irreversible records of blockchain technology underpin the NFT’s assets. This decentralization nature verifies the individuality of the NFTs, making them valuable collectibles. The games are transparent, allowing everyone to participate equally and have an influence on the future development of the games. Additionally, the digital assets belong to the players as compared to the traditional games, where all the assets belong to the developers.
- The Web3 games create a sense of community among their players. The traditional games isolate players from each other. However, in play-to-earn games, the players connect on a personal level. This could lead to a lasting friendship.
The immersive virtual concept and interactive experience are what users want.
- Live virtual events and e-sports are already in existence. Virtual engagement gives Web3 gaming a new experience. They are immersive while overlapping the real world. Research has shown that young players are more comfortable in the virtual world than older people. This shows that the Web3 games will continue to get more users as the years pass by.
- Web3 games have a high earning potential. These games can generate returns for the players and developers. Compared to traditional games, the players in Web3 games can purchase the in-game assets or pay to support the development of the games. By developing new assets, developers can earn money at any stage in the form of NFT royalties.
New technology is making games both faster and more visually appealing. Augmented and virtual reality are offering an experience up to the hype. The improvements in game engines are making it easy for developers to come up with higher-fidelity games. The advancements make it possible for 3-D graphics, which makes the virtual world more realistic.
Web-3 games are in their initial stage and have already taken their space in the gaming industry. The limitless potential of these games will keep players more engaged and the developers were creating and shaping the future of the gaming industry.