Why are guys posting their contact number on Facebook? The reason why is because there are many women who take advantage of it and they don’t want to get catfished. They want to make sure that the person is real before they go out with them. Catfishing is when someone creates a fake profile to lure in people for fraudulent purposes. This can be very dangerous, especially if the person you’re talking to is trying to get money from you.
It’s also important to be careful about the information you post on your own profile. You never know who might be looking at it, so it’s best to keep your personal information private.
Why are guys posting numbers on Facebook
There are many reasons why people have chosen to post their contact numbers on Facebook. One of the main reasons is to protect themselves from being catfished. By posting their contact number, people can ensure that they are talking to the real person and not someone who is pretending to be someone else. Another reason why people might post their contact number is because they want to make it easier for people to get in touch with them. This can be especially useful if you are traveling or if you are in a foreign country and you don’t have access to your phone.
How to post contact number on Facebook
If you’re posting your contact number on Facebook, it’s best to hide it in some way. Putting the number under the “Settings” tab of your profile will make it invisible to people who are not your friends. You can also post it in a picture or on a document, and then set the privacy settings so that only people you know can see it.
Disadvantages of posting your phone number on facebook
There are some disadvantages to posting your phone number on Facebook.
- One of the main disadvantages is that you are opening yourself up to potential identity theft. By giving out your contact information, you make it easy for someone to steal your personal information or to scam you.
- Another disadvantage is that you might get too many unwanted calls or messages from people who are not interested in you. This can be annoying and overwhelming, and it can take up a lot of your time.
- Finally, posting your phone number on Facebook can make you vulnerable to stalkers and other forms of online harassment.
Tips for contacting someone with a private profile
– Make sure that the person you’re trying to contact is in your friends list . This way you can tell if they’ve viewed your messages.
– Don’t send them generic messages that you could send to anyone. Instead, engage them in conversation and let them get to know you first before you ask why they’re not responding.
– If they don’t respond to your conversation, give them time (at least a couple of days) to respond to your messages. They might be busy so don’t force the issue and continue messaging them if they haven’t answered your first message.
– If they still don’t answer, you can block them so that way it will be easier for you to protect yourself from harassment and cyberbullying. Remember: the more people who harass someone on Facebook, the easier it is for them to get removed from the platform.
As you can see, there are many reasons why people post their contact numbers on Facebook. Whether it’s to protect themselves from being catfished or just for convenience purposes, posting your number can be dangerous if not done properly. To avoid these issues and disadvantages of posting a phone number on facebook the best thing is to make sure that the person you’re talking to is in your friends list before messaging them. It also helps if they know why you contacted them first so they don’t think it’s spam or unwanted harassment.